External Consultancy - Evaluation of the Agro-ecology FSPI Project
Recruitment of an External Consultant - Evaluation of the Agro-ecology FSPI Project funded by the Embassy of France in Uganda
The non-governmental cooperation program of the Embassy of France in Uganda is entitled ‘Solidarity Fund for Innovative Projects, Civil Societies, Francophonie and Human Development’ (here in after referred to as FSPI). This program funds initiatives in the areas of democratic governance, culture, French language, higher education, research and sustainable development.
This project was designed to promote sustainable and inclusive agri- culture, protecting both the environment and population. The Agroecology FSPI adopts a holistic approach, promoting capacity building and peer-to-peer learning among partners. The project is composed of 3 speciQic and complementary components, led by Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) in Mpigi, ACTED in Karamoja and Youth Movers Uganda (YOMU) in Amuru.
The final evaluation will :
(i) Assess the activities implemented during the project with a particular focus on the sus- tainability and replicability of this project,
(ii) Issue recommendations for the potential future FSPI projects of the Embassy of France in Uganda.
Download the terms of references.
Skills and experience required
- 5+ years of experience in technical and financial evaluation of development projects
- Understanding of the challenges regarding agroecology in Uganda.
- Strong writing skills in English
- Launch of the call for applications : 26 November 2020
- Deadline : 11 December 2020
- Interview with the selected consultant to adjust the proposal : 14 December
- Contract signing : 14 December 2020
- Start of the contract : 14 December 2020
- Submission of the draft evaluation : 5 February 2021
- Submission of the final evaluation : 19 February 2021
How to apply
Applications must be sent by 11 December 2020 by email to :
The applicants must submit an offer including :
- A note demonstrating the understanding of the TORs and a presentation of the methodology to be used (maximum 5 pages).
- References and past experience of the consultant (maximum 5 pages )
- If necessary, the composition of the team, the suggested division of labor and responsi- bilities as well the CVs of the team members
- The tentative schedule of intervention and quotation per day