Scholarship opportunities in Uganda
Scholarship for young professionals.
The Embassy of France in Uganda is offering scholarships for young Ugandan professionals active in the areas of environment, tourism, journalism, oil and gas and agriculture.
This scholarship concerns young people under 40 years old, who have a professional project linked to French language or for whom French could be a real asset and even a springboard to a better work.
It will involve enrolling eight of the successful candidates for French lessons at the Alliance Française de Kampala, for a total length of three sessions of forty hours each. At the end of this training in French, the ten selected persons who were awarded a scholarship will have attained a level in French allowing them to interact in a basic way in a professional or a personal context.
- Be a Ugandan citizen;
- Work in the concerned professional areas/ have a business creation project;
- Be under 40 years old;
- Have a real interest in his/her professional project in learning French;
- The complete application file must be submitted, by email/soft copy version to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy (directly handed to the French Embassy, addressed to the Cooperation and Cultural Service), before June 13th 2017.
The applications will first be examined by the Cooperation and Cultural Service. The preselected candidates will then be contacted for a further interview in English at the French Embassy.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply, especially those that have already begun a partnership project in a French/French-related enterprise.
All candidates will be informed of the progress of the selection campaign by June 19th.
- Duly completed application form;
- Written professional project;
- Resume (1 page maximum);
- Copy of an identity document;
- (If applicable) Copy of any diploma you may have.
Be aware that any delayed or incomplete application will not be considered.
Commitments and guarantees:
The beneficiary has rights and duties.
He/She has to be assiduous in his/her French lessons, to explain any prolonged absence, to be on time to the lessons and to sit the proposed exams.
He/She commits him/herself to produce a report on what he/she has learnt during the training for the Embassy and for his/her company (in case he/she is an employee).
His/her registration fees at the Alliance Française are completely paid, but the transport between his/her home and Alliance Française are not covered.
- The registration and training fees are all paid by the French Embassy.
- The transport fees (kilometric allowance) are not paid by the French Embassy.
The fellows undertake their own budget taking this in consideration.
The French Embassy in Uganda is offering some scholarships, for young Ugandan students who are learning French (all levels accepted) as a part of their studies at the university. It can be either general French or French for Specific Purposes.
The scholarships cover the registration and tuition fees at the university where the applicant is admitted.
The concerned study areas are:
- Petrol and Gas
Length: The scholarship lasts for one year of tuition fees.
Implementation: The tuition fees of each selected student will be completely paid for one year, up to 2.500.000UGX a year: beyond this amount, the candidate will have to cover the extra cost.
- Applications will open later -