Study in France [fr]
You want to come and study in France ? Get here the useful information you need to plan carefully for your academic journey.
Please note that the documents and details contained on this page are for information only, and will be updated later this year for the 2018-2019 application process.
Please be aware that different procedures apply depending on the student’s nationality and high-school leaving certificate, and what study program they intend to pursue. For further information, please read this page carefully:
- Ugandan candidates who have obtained / are preparing for the French or European Baccalaureate:
All Ugandan candidates who have obtained / are preparing for the French or European Baccalaureate must enroll online through the following website: www.admission-postbac.fr.
- Ugandan candidates who do not have the French or European Baccalaureate:
If you are a non-French citizen and you want to apply for a first year admission in France, you are required to fill out different documents.
If you want to continue your studies in France (second year, Master’s degree…) you need to directly register to the chosen University.
FIRST YEAR ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
1. Candidates have to choose the University that fits with their career requirement. To this end, they can find programs details in the following websites :
Programs taught in English in France: http://taughtie.campusfrance.org/tiesearch/#/catalog
2. If applying for a course at a French university you must enroll online through the following website: www.admission-postbac.fr between the 20th of January and the 20th of March.
3. You are required to fill out the "Dossier Blanc" “DAP: Demande d’admission préalable” and drop it off before the 22th of January 2018 at the Cultural Action and Cooperation Service of the French Embassy in Kampala.
The two documents are also available at the French Embassy in Kampala and at Campus France Uganda.
4. You will have to demonstrate French language skills.
Candidates are required to be in possession of the DELF (level B2) or DALF (levels C1/C2) certificates. Those who do not have the DELF or DALF will be required to contact their local Alliance Française to obtain the TCF DAP. Registration for the TCF DAP must be done prior to submitting your application to the Embassy. Alliance Francaise de Kampala is the institution that delivers these diplomas: http://afkampala.org/
Certain candidates can be exempted depending their situation (example : the candidate has obtained a degree in education and French, or he has studied in French in a French speaking country).
5. If applying for a scholarship sponsored by the Embassy of France, you need to wait scholarship calls that will start in January/ February.
You can also contact Campus France Uganda for financial assistance.
6. When the candidate gets one’s admission at the University, he or she has to apply for a visa at the French Consulate located at the French Embassy in Kampala.
Admission at the University does not guarantee getting a visa.
Please be aware that the “Dossiers Blancs” (preliminary admission application to French Universities) and the ‘Admission Post-Bac’ (post ‘A’ level admission) are not the only methods of entry into first year higher education courses in France as it is possible to gain entry in January/ February at some universities/ schools. If you require information on alternate entrance pathways into first year university courses outside the Dossiers Blancs and Admission Post-Bac systems, please be sure to contact the admissions office of the specific university or school you are interested in.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: Romane Gerardin.
You can find additional information on the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. Please follow this link: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/fr...
Other useful links :
- Venir étudier en France
Dossier complet sur le site du ministère des Affaires étrangères.
- Apprendre le français en France
Répertoire des centres de formation en français langue étrangère, en France.
- Agence EduFrance
Agence chargée de la promotion de l’enseignement supérieur et facilitant l’accueil et le séjour des étudiants internationaux en France.